ArcGIS Pro Measure Tool Pinning

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
OrrinBabcock
New Contributor III

Is there a way to pin the "Measure Features" tool to my map in ArcGIS Pro? I would like to use the tool and see the measurement results at all times. Currently I have to select my feature I want to edit, go to the "Map" tab select "Measure", and then add the measurements to my feature. When I click on the next feature to edit, the "Measure Features" box disappears. I would like the box to stay visible until I close it and to also be able to move it around on the screen similar to how it works in ArcMap. I like to use the corners of windows that I can move to help mark a location on a map that I want to move a feature to.

ArcMap

ArcMap Measure Tool - MovableArcMap Measure Tool - Movable

ArcPro

ArcPro Measure Tool - StationaryArcPro Measure Tool - Stationary

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It seems in the ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 release you cannot move the Measure dialog box from the locked upper left position.  Perhaps in a future release you will be able to.

I do have a question for you - are you using the Measure tool to get the XY coordinates for your points and then copying them into an attribute field for your point feature class? If so, you can set your Snapping to points and with the Measure tool active, snap to the point, right-click and select Copy Coordinates, then paste them into the field for the feature class.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

It seems in the ArcGIS Pro 2.7.2 release you cannot move the Measure dialog box from the locked upper left position.  Perhaps in a future release you will be able to.

I do have a question for you - are you using the Measure tool to get the XY coordinates for your points and then copying them into an attribute field for your point feature class? If so, you can set your Snapping to points and with the Measure tool active, snap to the point, right-click and select Copy Coordinates, then paste them into the field for the feature class.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not being able to move the measure dialog box is a problem. It is always in my way. And there is no option to turn off the summary of measured values. So far, I haven't wanted that feature, ever. And it makes the box bigger and more in the way. Thanks.

OrrinBabcock
New Contributor III

I do some of that, thank you, I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos