ArcGIS Pro 'map surrounds' not in insert tab

Jump to solution
08-01-2016 03:10 AM
PeterMarini
New Contributor

Hello,

I am a complete beginner with ArcGIS and what I want to do is really quite simple - plotting 1 set of points on to a map, add a scale bar and North arrow and put it in a document. I can do this in minutes on Google Maps but needed something more professional looking but I seem to be battling with the most simple of things on ArcGis! I have a base map and I added the data points using the XY option. This is the desktop version

I am trying to add a scale bar. Apparently, I should go to the insert tab and a 'map surrounds' option should lead me to adding a scale bar. Though I can't find this. This is all I have:

I have seen pictures of other ArcGIS tabs and there is the option I need on there. Just wondering why it isn't on mine or if I'm supposed to be looking elsewhere? This is on the free trial if that makes any difference. Though there was no mention of any features being unavailable.

If anyone can help it is much appreciated!

Many thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Try this

Layout_create.png

PeterMarini
New Contributor

Fantastic - thank you! Sorry it was so simple - I've never used a programme like this before and don't really know what much of it means.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are welcome.  Fortunately for both of us, I am updating course manuals and updating screen grabs

0 Kudos