ArcGIS Pro Licensing

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 08:10 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

I will appreciate help in understanding where i have gone wrong. I am Updating from 10.7.1 to 10.8.1. While licensing Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1 something seems to be very wrong, I only see licenses for my ArcGIS Pro extensions, not the core licenses for my ArcGIS Pro Advance and Basic (I am definitely under maintenance).

OmolaraKareem_0-1615391198030.png

OmolaraKareem_1-1615391305362.png

OmolaraKareem_2-1615392151992.png

OmolaraKareem_3-1615392333616.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Strange... What does you current license file look like? Are your core licenses perhaps available through ArcGIS Online, rather than Portal? We had to request ours to be switched to Portal availability.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

My Esri is showing you the licenses you have available, so the licenses you'd previously assigned won't show up there.

To get the right counts of licenses, go to the License Files section, select the current license file, then choose Edit Licensing File. This lets you update the counts, portal version, etc., and will overwrite the current license file once you're done.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response Josh. I did as you said, however the result was the same as before, the core licenses were not available.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Strange... What does you current license file look like? Are your core licenses perhaps available through ArcGIS Online, rather than Portal? We had to request ours to be switched to Portal availability.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josh. You are right. I found the core licenses in ArcGIS Online. I didn't think that would be the case because I had requested a switch a few years ago which was successful, I was therefore surprised to find that they were attributed to ArcGIS Online again after yours of successfully using them in Portal. I will reach out to tech support. Thanks again.

OmolaraKareem_1-1615477422918.png