ArcGIS Pro Label Placement grayed out in SCENE

09-19-2017 08:06 AM
PeteCoventry3
Occasional Contributor

I'm using Scene in ArcGIS Pro and I don't understand why my Label Placement is grayed out even though I've selected my Feature Class in the Contents panel and the Maplex Label Engine is checked? I'm new to Pro and could be missing something obvious.

screen capture

25 Replies
AlexanderLynch2
New Contributor III

Still a problem in ArcGIS Pro 2.5.0 while in a scene environment arcgispro 2.5 yet another bug 3dlabels 

BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

How has this issue still not been addressed?  Label placement in 3D should be pretty fundamental to functionality of Scene. 

0 Kudos
AndrewGilbert
New Contributor III

Still a bug in 2.8.0.

The bug's page is here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDA5MzcyNw==

It says, "Not in Current Product Plan"

@Robert_LeClair, you are with Esri, correct? Can you offer an explanation/justification?

0 Kudos
CatherineBradley2
New Contributor II

It is now November 2021 and I am having the same problem.  I thought I was doing something wrong.  Alas, it is a bug.  ESRI:  What is going on with fixing it?  Any idea?    Thanks!

PeterGeorge_GEOJobe
New Contributor II

03/2022 , still having this bug. Leader line does not display at all, unfortunately, in 3D. 

FourCornersMapping
New Contributor III

I'm using Pro 3.0, which should allow for the customization of label properties in a scene. But I am having the same issue--all label position properties are greyed out, with the exception of the placement drop-down.

Screen Shot 11-18-22 at 03.01 AM 001.JPG

Screen Shot 11-18-22 at 03.01 AM.JPG