Arcgis pro is too slow

07-01-2021 01:14 PM
AyazTariq
New Contributor II

I'm using arcgis pro 2.5

its too slow and not usable in any case, in a new project I've imported csv table that have just 43 rows, and when using xy table to points tool its just going on, processing, processing for infinite time, even canceling the command take hours.

very disappointed

using core i7, 16 ram, 2 gb graphics card.

20 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry to hear that, Brian.

Since you can demonstrate a performance difference between 2.7, 2.8 and 2.8.1 I'd say that it would be important to work with technical support to report the performance disparity you are seeing so that it can be submitted to the appropriate development team.

0 Kudos
BrianE
by
Occasional Contributor II

Kory,

Any chance we can take this conversation off the forum? We just ran 2 identical workflows on 2 identical machines in identical environments.

Workflow in 2.7.0 took 20 seconds

Workflow in 2.8.0 took 2 minutes 55 seconds.

We have gone down this road before with Pro updates. I think Esri needs to be more transparent about the slowness issues many of its users experience. There are numerous posts about these issues and 80%-90% of the time the user is told to contact support only to never hear about the underlying issues and the solutions (if any).    

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I just private messaged you @BrianE 

Thank you

0 Kudos
SolomonTesfamichael
New Contributor II

Hi Kory

I know this is an old tag. I am having trouble with a very slow ArcGIS Pro 2.9 on concurrent use. Did you get any solution to your problems? I migrated from ArcMap this year for my teaching and it is becoming a nightmare to my class.

SolomonTesfamichael
New Contributor II

Apologies. I mean Brian.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Solomon,

The issue that Brian was reporting to us was specific to a performance degradation when working in a 3D scene after updating from Pro 2.7 to 2.8. As stated on the other thread, I looked into the Support case that you have open and it appears that technical support is currently investigating the license manager setup with you. Because the issue is specific to your environment, working with technical support will be the most effective way to get to a resolution.

Thank you,

Kory

0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

Weird.  I've moved exclusively to Pro since 2.1 as I find it to be so much faster than ArcMap for my use cases (mainly geoprocessing).

0 Kudos
AyazTariq
New Contributor II

My cpu usage is 3% and GPU usage is 7% during the task running

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the data are stored on your local machine, to rule out network issues, and you have read the link I sent and nothing helps... contact Tech Support

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Try the following steps once:

1. Uninstall the ArcGIS Pro

2. Delete all temp files and logs

3. Restart the system

4. Install the latest version

5. Copy your data in "C" drive and create a project in default document location and try. I believe you may see the performance difference. 

If still issue is not resolved then raise the issue with Esri support desk team.

0 Kudos