ArcGIS Pro Filtering Tools

Jump to solution
02-19-2021 06:53 AM
Labels (1)
RachelStevenson
New Contributor II

I posted this question on GIS Twitter and was informed that perhaps it would go farther if I posted this question in the various communities here on Geonet. 

Why are the filtering tools different from ArcGIS Pro (Definition Query) which is the ideal filtering tool, in my opinion. The following screen shot shows the ability to select multiple entries or counties in one go. which is great. 

RachelStevenson_0-1613746624582.png

For some reason, when I filter in ArcGIS Online, in order to get this same results for multiple counties I would have to use a set and filter them one by one. ( that I know of...) 

RachelStevenson_2-1613744676171.png

Likewise for Operations Dashboard. 

RachelStevenson_3-1613746259875.png

So could we pick one filter option and stick with that? it seems frustrating to have so many. 

Just my 0.02 take it or leave it. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Check out the Map Viewer Beta and use the Inlcudes operator in the filtering component

RussellRoberts1_0-1613748158468.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

...different from ArcGIS Pro (Definition Query) which is the ideal filtering tool...

I think the answer is in your question; neither of those two other platforms are designed to do what Pro does....

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
RachelStevenson
New Contributor II

Yeah, I am working with data that is being shared via a group from a person who isnt  in my org. ( we struggled trying to use the collaboration setting in organization settings) I don't have editing access to this data, and get an error when I try to import the api as not having access to that data. so it seems like in order to use the layer I have to do so in ArcGIS Online  for the dashboard and am limited to the filter options. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Check out the Map Viewer Beta and use the Inlcudes operator in the filtering component

RussellRoberts1_0-1613748158468.png

RachelStevenson
New Contributor II

Thats awesome, that it is included in the map viewer beta. That is helpful. Thank you. 

0 Kudos