Arcgis pro drawing order and selection

06-18-2020 06:40 AM
DanielDooley
New Contributor II

Hello. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1. I periodically run into issues with selecting objects that seem inconsistent with the layer drawing order. In this case, I have opened the tutorial project "GIS Basics" off the Esri site. I have loaded the project, which is the state of Arkansas and some point features such as Libraries. My drawing order has the 'state boundary' polygon layer as the bottom layer just above the basemap. The Libraries point layer is the top layer in the drawing order in the contents pane

Whenever I try to select a point from the Library layer with my mouse, I am unable to because the 'state boundary' polygon is always selected instead as if it is actually on top. Is there some other setting or option somewhere I am missing that could be causing this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

By default, all layers in your Map View are selectable.  If you wish to refine the selection to just libraries, click the 3rd button from the left on top of the Contents Pane.  This is List by Selection, uncheck everything except libraries.  Now use your Select tools to just select those points of interest.