ArcGIS Pro customize Shortcuts

04-13-2015 05:41 AM
SteffenRuschinski
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to create shortcuts for applications (eg Select by Rectangle, Unselect/Clear...). I found descriptions of the standard shortcuts for navigation in maps or tables, but would like to create my own personalize shortcuts. In ArcMap 10.2 could create own Customize Keyboard Shortcuts.

Regards,

Steffen

Tags (2)
13 Replies
ZachAnderson2
New Contributor III

I too am looking for a hot key shortcut to the select tool. I really don't understand why there is not something equivalent to the "edit arrow" of ArcMap that lets you select a feature, move the feature, and double click to edit vertices (for line or polygon). With the current ArcPro editing tools I have to go back up to the ribbon and switch tools each time I want to go between simple editing functions. I do a lot of edits and the bottom line is that the way ArcPro editing tools are set up makes editing slower and requires more mouse clicks than in ArcMap. Bring back the edit arrow please or figure out a way to make a hot key to switch back to the select tool and possibly the explore tool too (which is in a completely different ribbon tab so that's one more click!). 

Thanks

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

"I do a lot of edits and the bottom line is that the way ArcPro editing tools are set up makes editing slower and requires more mouse clicks than in ArcMap"

Agreed. With ArcMap, I don't have to "customize" any Ribbons (nor show a very large group of users how to do so), or keep rearranging tools in "favorites" or the Analysis gallery. Gearing up for a day-long edit section in Arc? Just turn on the Editing, Advanced Editing, and Production Editing toolbars in Arc, move them anywhere on the screen I need them to be. 6 mouse movements/clicks to get it set up, the only other mouse-works is moving the pointer to this or that icon on anyone of the toolbars. 

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Zach, you might want to pop over to the Ideas site to vote and add your comments to https://community.esri.com/ideas/13935 Thomas Colson‌ provided a screenshot of how he sets up his work that illustrates the description he provided on this thread.

JohnJones
Esri Contributor

In Pro editing tools now have selection built into them to reduce reliance on the selection tool (much like selection was built into the ArcMap Edit tool but not really for other tools that also required selections).  The UI for both selecting and using editing tools are centralized in the Modify (& Create) dock panes to reduce reliance on the ribbon.

Currently we are rather restricted on hotkey usage since there seem to be many conflicts with different view types (editing tools mainly need to operate in all views so if one view type uses a hotkey for navigation it is off limits).  We are working through a story to better allocate the scarce resource of keyboard hotkeys (post 2.3 work ongoing).