Why doesn't ArcGIS Pro recognize the new default geodatabase?

Jump to solution
12-13-2018 04:39 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue has been going on since I first started using Pro. When I create a Pro Project, it will automatically create a gdb with the project name. When I go to add another gdb in the "Databases" folder in Catalog, and right click and select "Make Default" on the newly added gdb, ArcPro is still trying to export everything to the gdb created with the project file. I have tried saving the project and exiting, as well as restarting my computer, and Pro still tries to send every single export to the non-default gdb.

I.e. I create a new pro project named "Alpha", and a gdb named "Alpha" is automatically created to go along with the project file. When I add another existing gdb called "Bravo" and designate it as the default gdb (such that a home symbol appears over it) Pro is still trying to send everything to Alpha even though it should no longer be the default gdb.

Any suggestions? I'm running 2.2.4.

Cheers.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

This is occurring because currently changing the default gdb does not effect the geoprocessing workspace environments (which are used for generating default output paths in geoprocessing tools). If you manually update the geoprocessing environments to point to your new default geodatabase, then exports will be default go to this location. We will be looking to fix and improve this in a future release so that default gdb and geoprocessing environments stay in sync.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Roderick... if you are using the same default gdb, have you set this

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't seen that option until now. I was wondering if there was a way to prevent Pro from creating a new gdb each time, and that will prove useful. But I wonder if I'd still run into the same issue of Pro not being able to adopt a new default gdb?

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

This is occurring because currently changing the default gdb does not effect the geoprocessing workspace environments (which are used for generating default output paths in geoprocessing tools). If you manually update the geoprocessing environments to point to your new default geodatabase, then exports will be default go to this location. We will be looking to fix and improve this in a future release so that default gdb and geoprocessing environments stay in sync.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That answers my question. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos