ArcGIS Pro customize Shortcuts

04-13-2015 05:41 AM
SteffenRuschinski
New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to create shortcuts for applications (eg Select by Rectangle, Unselect/Clear...). I found descriptions of the standard shortcuts for navigation in maps or tables, but would like to create my own personalize shortcuts. In ArcMap 10.2 could create own Customize Keyboard Shortcuts.

Regards,

Steffen

Tags (2)
13 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 1.1 will have the a new SDK for .NET coming soon.  The blog posting is at:  ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Blog

Guessing here - but I would "think" the ability to customize Pro at 1.1 and higher releases will enable this functionality.  At 1.0, I don't see a way to do it.

0 Kudos
carlosgutierrez2
New Contributor II

As of ArcGIS Pro 1.3.0, it still doesn't seem like the ability to create custom keyboard shortcuts is available. I rely heavily on custom shortcuts in ArcMap and they definitely help increase the efficiency of editing and just working with data in general.

FrankSimek1
New Contributor II

I, too, have utilized the custom shortcut keys in the ArcMap application and it does not seem like esri has this same functionality on the horizon for ArcGIS Pro. This might make for a great post in the ArcGIS Ideas forum. 

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

This feature - Custom Accelerators - will be in the next release (2.1) of ArcGIS Pro, scheduled for January 2018.

You'll go to project Options > Customize the Ribbon, find the command for which you want to create a shortcut, and assign the accelerator.

Here is a sneak preview:

MollyBarth
New Contributor III

Hi Kory,

I am really hoping for a shortcut for 'select' while editing.  I have assigned CTRL+A  as shown below to the select command.  However, when I return to my project this accelerator has no effect. I have tried restarting ArcPro.. this didn't help either. Any ideas? Thanks.

BenRufenacht
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with the select Accelerator. I hope they fix this one soon. The other tools I have tried work fine.

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI - I can reproduce this, so I've logged a new defect report in Esri Technical Support for this issue:

[BUG-000118816 An Accelerator set for the Select tool does not function.]

Please contact Support at 888-377-4575 to be attached to the defect and for tracking the status.

-Scott

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One workaround is to Customize the Quick Access Toolbar with the Select tool.  Granted not a hot key but gives you a quicker way to access the tool

0 Kudos