ArcGIS Pro - Crashing??

04-14-2015 11:55 AM
deleted-user-BBLVVi7Xg643
New Contributor II

I recently downloaded ArcGIS Pro to evaluate its use in our company and possibly promote and use this for clients.  Upon download, I am attempting to take the 3-hour online training course with sample data.  Unfortunately, the software continually crashes so I am unable to complete the course.  Please help! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PatrickJackson
New Contributor III

Greetings Matthew,

Does this behavior occur on a different user account as well?

Can you please advise the OS version details as well?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Patrick,

I'm not sure because this is my work computer I haven't tried another user account.  Computer is Windows 7, Service Pack 1.  I'm currently running ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2.

0 Kudos
PatrickJackson
New Contributor III

I would grab a colleague or create another user account and have them log into your machine and try and reproduce the issue. If they get the same result it may need a repair or reinstall. If they don't get the issue then it may be an issue with your Windows Account. It will help us at least to know where to start looking.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

I can probably create a second account to use for testing if need be.  I can also provide you with the details it gives me after it crashes if that would help. 

0 Kudos
PatrickJackson
New Contributor III

Yeah, post the results when you create the account  and test it and if you can post the error messages or the response when it happens that will help us too.

0 Kudos
PatrickJackson
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I just wanted to see ho it was going with this issue. We are seeing some behavior that may apply here. Several Customers are reporting some issues with their Anti-virus and Firewall security features causing crash-like issues with ArcGIS Pro. Typically this happens at application launch so it may not apply to this case but I thought I would mention it here anyway.

I hope it is going well. Thanks!

-Patrick

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Matthew - I'd recommend updating the driver for your video card.  Once you determine the make and model of the card, go directly to the manufacturers website to download the driver.  Simply using Windows Update does not download the latest driver.  Once you install the newest driver, the crashes should be greatly reduced.  Second thing you can do is delete the C:\Users\<user profile>\appdata\local\esri folder.  Let me know how it works out.

Regards,

Robert LeClair

Esri-Denver

MilesThompson
New Contributor III

I am having the same issues for the past several months, but I rarely used Pro until recently. With the Northridge training data, the 3d display was very jittery and the 3d elements would never be fully visible. Then it started crashing....no, once you click o any 3d tab, it crashes the graphics card.

I have the latest drivers and have a brand new install of the OS and everything on the workstation. Working on trying a new card all together now....this one is more than powerful enough to handle the ArcGIS requirements.

0 Kudos