Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Crashes when labeling

Jump to solution
08-17-2016 01:12 PM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to produce a map with some fairly complex labels. The labels are built to look like this when ArcGIS pro doesn't crash:

This is built from 3 different fields using a python expression:

"<BOL><UND>{}</UND></BOL>; - {}; - {}".format( [NAME] ,  [PROJECT_LOCATION_] , [PROJECT_DESCRIPTION] )

I have set the label to have stacking:

As you can see from the screenshots, Pro does run and label correctly, but as soon as I try to pan the map a few times, or put the map into a layout, I get a crash. Sometimes the crash reporter pops up and sometimes it does not and instead Windows asks if I would like to restart the program.

I'm running Pro 1.3.0 on Windows 7 x64 with a fairly beefy machine and graphics card, so I don't think its the system.

• i5-4690
  • AMD Firepro W2100

Is Pro not stable enough for this type of labeling yet? Has anyone had any similar issues?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Function FindLabel ([Jurisdiction], [Act_RightFrom], [Act_RightTo], [RightFrom], [RightTo], [LeftFrom], [LeftTo], [Act_LeftFrom], [Act_LeftTo])
If [Jurisdiction] = "Elkhart County" Then
Findlabel = [""]
Else
   FindLabel = "RA:" & " " & [Act_RightFrom] & "-" & [Act_RightTo] & vbnewline & "RT:" & " " & [RightFrom] & "-" & [RightTo] & vbnewline & vbnewline & vbnewline & "LA:" & " " & [Act_LeftFrom] & "-" & [Act_LeftTo] & vbnewline & "LT:" & " " & [LeftFrom] & "-" & [LeftTo]
End If
End Function‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Using Pro 2.5.2 this VBA label expression crashes when I switch the placement to STREET and CENTER STRAIGHT.

It is like clockwork, as soon as I hit either STREET placement or CENTER STRAIGHT position.

I have since switched to ARCADE, but still is frustrating that it more often than not crashes the session.

0 Kudos