arcgis pro crashes when it tries to create a geoprocessing cache

Jump to solution
03-08-2017 01:55 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why does pro 1.4 crash every time "creating geoprocessing cache" dialog appears. I also have ArcGIS 10.3.1 installed if that matters.

21 Replies
JayEgenhoff
New Contributor

Yes. I will try to remember to retest it when I get 2.3.

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Jay, it'd be great to confirm it works for you. The fix to PYTHONPATH should prevent Pro from ever crashing, though it will still crash a standalone python.exe session since it loads the DLLs prior to us being able to modify the environment.

0 Kudos
MilenHristov
New Contributor

Hi,

I instaled ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and install untools package.
After i install untools and open or create Project ArcGIS Pro crash without concrete error.

I not have noting pyton path or other else

I unable to work !
Wath i to do ?

0 Kudos
JUAN_JOSESANCHEZ-BAYO
New Contributor

Me too. I don't have PHYTONPATH variable. ArcGIS Desktop 10.7 installed and running correctly. ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes when creating cache.

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you in the default environment? Does it crash when you start a Python session for Pro then type `import arcpy`?

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Milen,

If you visit the Python backstage, you should be able to select "arcgispro-py3" as the environment. Alternatively, you can run the Python Command Prompt, then type proswap arcgispro-py3 to set the default environment as the one the application is using.

Cheers, Shaun

JUAN_JOSESANCHEZ-BAYO
New Contributor

Thanks Shaun for your comment. Phyton default enviroment was already set as you say. After instalalling ArcGIS Pro I didn't see a PHYTONPATH variable in my system, so I've manually created it: PHYTONPATH C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3 but it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
PeterChristov
New Contributor

Hi,

I also have this problem even with ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2. I don't have PYTHONPATH system variable.

The Python works in the clone environment but import untools gives the following errors:

Python 3.6.6 |Anaconda, Inc.| (default, Jun 28 2018, 11:27:44) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import untools
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from . import gptools
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\gptools\__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
from . import tools
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\gptools\tools.py", line 18, in <module>
from ..utils.shared_validation import ApplyGPCallsToUN
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\utils\__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
from . import io
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\utils\io.py", line 13, in <module>
from .serializer import sort_xml
File "C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\lib\site-packages\untools\utils\serializer.py", line 14, in <module>
import lxml.etree
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

If you start the Python Command Prompt, is arcgispro-py3-clone your default environment? If not, can you type `activate arcgispro-py3-clone`, then run:

conda list

That should list all installed packages in the environment. It looks like the version of lxml installed isn't the correct version for Python. You can also run this:

import lxml
lxml.__path__

To confirm that the lxml version being used is the one in your conda environment.

PeterChristov
New Contributor

Hi Shaun,

Today I installed ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 and decided to try again untools. Now AGP is not crashing but an error appears: "Failed to load system tools. C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone\Lib\site-packages\untools\esri\toolboxes\UtilityNetworkPackageTools.pyt". When I tried "import untools" the errors are the same as before.

I've checked lxml.__path__ and it's correct:

['C:\\Users\\peter\\AppData\\Local\\ESRI\\conda\\envs\\arcgispro-py3-clone\\lib\\site-packages\\lxml']

I also tried "Update Packages" (I used "Update All") and then some other toolboxes stopped working (for example "Space Time Pattern Mining Tools.pyt"). The Python was updated to version 3.6.9 by this tool.

So I had to uninstall untools and to clone the default environment without updating it to be able to use AGP.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Kudos