Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcgis pro crashes when deleting a map from catalog

04-13-2018 01:24 PM
NasirAhmad4
New Contributor II

Whenever I try to delete a map from the catalog pane, ArcGIS Pro crashes even after removing all the layers. This happens on the first try on the second try it succeeds deleting the map. 

Tags (1)
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Never seen that, which leave your profile and/or the location of your *.aprx and anything else you can provide about your environment

0 Kudos
MichaelNau1
New Contributor

Just ran across this and it is happening every time I try to delete a data frame in the layout. EVERY TIME!!! No fix found yet.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What release of AGP are you using and do you have any Python scripts in the AGP project?

MichaelNau1
New Contributor

No Python scripts running. Pretty basic inset map in a data frame. Running Pro V. 2.3.0

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Michael - did you submit the error report and include a valid email address?  (See https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-desktop-error-reporter-lea... for why this is very helpful).

I searched using your email and couldn't find a report, so I'm not sure what this crash is.  Could you please send the latest .dmp file from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports?

That way we'll be able to see if there might already be an existing fix in one of the patches for 2.3 or in the current version of ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MichaelNau1
New Contributor

What is the best way to send the files to you? because I am on  Domain machine for the State of Idaho Military DIV either the error report fails to send or is under a different user name. I can send the .DMP files to you I think via email.DMP

0 Kudos
MichaelNau1
New Contributor

Thank you for looking into this,

Here are a few. One of the DMP files is 18kb and wont attach for some reason.

Michael Nau

Michael.s.nau2.mil_IDARNG

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks, Michael.

There are actually 2 unique crashes (unfortunately) indicated by those dmp files (3 of 1 and 1 separate crash).

What I can say after running these through our analyzer is that the unique crash is fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.

While the other one is not showing a specific code fix, we actually don't have any other reports of it, meaning that it could be something specific to the data you're working with, the project, or the machine.  Not that we wouldn't be interested in understanding what is happening (because the application should never crash)...

But my best recommendation for now would be to upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and see if the issue is resolved.

If not, it would be important to share specific steps that cause the crash so that we can try to reproduce and isolate the cause.

Thanks

0 Kudos