ArcGIS Pro Crashed when exporting to image

09-03-2017 02:59 PM
MichaelMenand
New Contributor

I am having issues with ArcGIS Pro crashing when I export a layout to an image - jpg, tif, gif, pdf, etc. The project file will open, I am able to edit the data and layout, create new layouts, but am unable to exporting.

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

details of were you are exporting to might help

does it happen with all projects?

Did it always happen?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Pro are you using? What are your observation when you do the following

1. Reboot the machine and try again.

2. Save the output to a short and simple destination (e.g. D:\ProjectName\Images).

3. Open a new project in ArcGIS Pro, and try exporting the map.

4. Ensure the display drivers are updated.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

I am having a related issue that I feel is worth mentioning:

ArcGIS Pro is consistently crashing when attempting to export a layout to an EPS file in a particular aprx I have. I had also tried SVG, BMP, TIFF, PDF, JPEG, and GIF formats under the exact same conditions and it worked fine. After a little trial and error, I figured out it seems to be related to a polygon layer with a transparency setting enabled. Interestingly, I added that same layer (with transparency) to (1) a layout in a different existing project with other unique data, and (2) a brand new project with only the data layers from the aprx in question, and it exported to an EPS file just fine. I witnessed this behavior with v2.2.1 and 2.2.3 and have restarted my machine along the way.

0 Kudos
ErrolRonje
New Contributor

I have a similar problem.  I cannot export a layout in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 for a certain project.  I can do it for other projects, but am totally unable to create a map for the project I need.  I have tried restarting the computer, updating, uninstalling/re-installing, and saving to a short, local directory.  Never had this problem before.

0 Kudos
ErrolRonje
New Contributor

Update - this appears to be related to the transparency of a point feature.  Turning the transparency off seemed to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Versions noted on this thread only include ArcGIS Pro 2.2.  I wonder if this is an issue that has been fixed in a later version (2.3 or 2.4)...  The only way to know is for us to take a look at the specific dump file.  Did you include an email address and submit those through the Error Report dialog?  If so, if you give me your email address (or even the first part without the domain name) I can search our system to bring it up.

If you did not submit the crash, take a look at why that is important: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/announcements/arcgis-desktop-error-reporter-lea...

And if you attach the associated .dmp file, I'll take a look.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
ZacharyJaffe
New Contributor III

Hi All,

Have there been any resolutions to this bug? I have a 3D scene that I created a layout of to be sent out as a pdf. Every time I try to export it, ArcPro crashes. There are a lot of layers (some turned off), but non of them are transparent.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Zachary Jaffe‌  Sorry that you're seeing a crash.  Are you on ArcGIS Pro 2.5.1?

If you send us the .dmp files associated with this crash, we can analyze them.  Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports and attach a few of the latest .dmp files from Pro crashing (or email them to kkramer@esri.com).  The filename contains a date-time stamp:

Otherwise, whenever you are experiencing a reproducible crash, it would be best to contact Technical Support.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AnthonyHart
New Contributor

I have the same problem which I can not export anything. I've tried various formats and projects, but the application crash down and I can't even send a report. 
I'm using this app for 11 years and this is happening recently to me alot.