ArcGIS Pro - Constant Refresh and Screen Flicker

Jump to solution
06-30-2023 02:16 PM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Since fully migrating to ArcGIS Pro 3.1 we are noticing some maps will constantly refresh and sometimes flicker as it appears data is loaded constantly.  We are running ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2 on high-end workstations with plenty of memory, SSD drives, and a good network connection to our GIS servers.  The data is being hosted from our Enterprise GIS Database.

At first, I thought it was just one or two feature layers but it appears to be more than that.  I am going to test a couple more maps that pull the data from our Enterprise Portal feature services rather than from the database directly.  I am also going to test the same features from the database without any symbology.

When this is occurring the CPU is running at about 18%, memory is about 16%, the disk is at 0%, receiving data at about 8Mbbs, and the GPU is running at about 35%. Turning off all layers except the ESRI basemap the network and GPU drop to about zero and refresh arrows stop spinning. Tried turning layers off and on but no constant red flag on any one layer or group of layers.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @LanceCole 

Potentially this is caused by an out-of-date graphics driver. Might be worth just checking it's all updated!

~Just trying to fix things~

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @LanceCole 

Potentially this is caused by an out-of-date graphics driver. Might be worth just checking it's all updated!

~Just trying to fix things~
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

@LeslieUK,

That appears to have worked.  IT reported Windows was showing the driver as current but a newer driver suite was available from the graphics card vendor.  Updated and the issue appears to have been resolved.  Thanks