Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Concurrent Use vs Named User licensing confusion after June 2024 update

3 weeks ago
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Our org has been using Concurrent Use ArcGIS Pro licenses (Basic and Advanced only) for many years and also has many ArcGIS Online org account user type licenses.  With the June 2024 update, we see that some org account user types are now described as also including access to ArcGIS Pro, for example: ArcGIS Pro Basic for Creator user types, and ArcGIS Pro Standard for Professional user type.  However, when I test this with ArcGIS Pro (after switching licensing to use Named User instead and signing in with an account with Creator user type), I get an error "An unknown error has occurred. Contact your organization's administrator to check that your licenses are valid" (graphic also pasted below).  Is this expected behavior for orgs with Concurrent Use licenses?  i.e. is there an error because we already have another form of licenses (Concurrent Use) and they're redundant, or should we now be able to use either Concurrent Use OR switch to Named User now for our users who have the appropriate account user types?  And by "organization administrator" do they mean our org's person who manages Esri licensing (like me, but I have no clue how to fix this), or our Esri customer service rep person?  Thanks for any insight.

Will_0-1719516436926.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Will
by

I switched to an account of user type Professional instead of Basic and it seemed to work to run ArcGIS Pro as Named User, but then I tried switching back to an account with user type of Creator instead and still trying Named User, and now I get a different message "number of licenses exceed number available..." (see graphic).  Any help figuring this out would be appreciated. 

Will_0-1719518706640.png

0 Kudos
Will
by

Update:  As of today (6/28), this now seems to be fixed, both Creator and Professional ArcGIS Online user type accounts are working successfully with Named User licenses for ArcGIS Pro, so perhaps the previous errors were early glitches?  And I guess that means for the time being, our users holding such accounts can either use the Named User or our existing Concurrent Use licensing.

0 Kudos