Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Beta Test

10-14-2014 11:43 AM
AzizTejan-Jalloh
New Contributor III

Hello.

I am having issues trying to load up raster imagery specifically mosaic datasets from an SDE into ArcGIS Pro.

ArcGIS Pro will crash everytime I try to load mosaic datasets from an SDE version 10.

The database platform is SQL server.

Has anyone also run into this same problem?

Thank you AJ.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndyHess
New Contributor II

I'm using ArcSDE 10.1, but I also get the same result. It won't even let me send the error report.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Guys,

Please work with technical support so we can have a method of tracking this issue, and a way to share repro data with the appropriate teams.

0 Kudos
larryzhang
Regular Contributor

What is the version of Pro (Beta 5, Prerelease)?

0 Kudos
AzizTejan-Jalloh
New Contributor III

1.0 Prerelease, Build 1472.

0 Kudos
larryzhang
Regular Contributor

Aziz,

Generally, Mosaic Dataset should be managed in FGDB, which is common practice in ArcGIS 10.x (of course, it still allows users to manage MD in enterprise SDE).

However, it looks to me that Pro 1.0 disables that option (not sure if my guess is correct, and waiting for confirmation from ESRI Pro team). Certainly, if many customers still use that way to manage MD, it is good timing to request...

Pls refer to Create a mosaic dataset—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Professionals

0 Kudos
AzizTejan-Jalloh
New Contributor III

Hi Larry.

Thank you very much for your input into this problem.

I have tried all those options you suggested but the program still keeps on crashing.

I will probably have to contact the ESRI Support directly and see what the issue is.

Regards,

Aziz

0 Kudos
larryzhang
Regular Contributor

Firstly, have you tried to open a layer file or MXD in Pro, which is from desktop ArcGIS 10.x and refered to your MD from SDE 10.1?

Secondly, can you also try the following in Pro?

Mosaic Dataset is managed in FGDB, which contain rasters from NAS/SAN over network or local Drive.

please share your new findings?

0 Kudos
AzizTejan-Jalloh
New Contributor III

Hi Larry.

It looks like the problem with loading mosaic datasets from the
SDE has been corrected on the latest update of ArcGIS Pro 1.0 Prerelease
Build 1566
which I upgraded to today.

Thanks for your input once again.

Regards,

Aziz