ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Maps for Adobe- Map Shows Vector Tiles in Basemap When Using ArcGIS Maps for Adobe

02-21-2023 11:18 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Pro Team, 

We've noticed an issue with our map layouts when exporting from ArcGIS Pro and importing into ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Illustrator. When imported these map layouts show all the vector tiles from the basemap that was used in the map regardless of file type (AIX or PDF), please see below for screenshot examples. Is this a bug or is there a resolution for this?

AIX File type: 

Amanda__Huber_0-1677005879750.png

PDF File type (less prominent but still there): 

Amanda__Huber_2-1677005941465.png

Thanks,

Amanda Huber

7 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

@Amanda for the faint lines in PDF, there is a "enhancement" setting in Adobe Reader/Acrobat that makes this happen.  Turn off "enhance thin lines" in display settings to get rid of the artifact.

@SarahBell is the thick tile lines showing in AIX in illustrator a known issue?

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JeremyWright , 

Thanks for your reply! Is this setting available in Adobe Illustrator? I'm looking for it and not seeing it. 

With a quick web search I found a blog about this in Adobe Reader/Acrobat (which may only be what you're referring too, I'm not sure).

We need these grids gone from the Illustrator file, since when exporting from illustrator these tiles persist in our documents. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

@Amanda_Huber I'm not sure, that's why I attempted to ping Sarah.  I'll ping the M4ACC team via email and see if they've ever seen this artifact and if they know of any workarounds, or we can get your data (a ppkx for example) and try it out too.

0 Kudos
JamiDennis
New Contributor III

Have you found a solution for this yet? I have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JamiDennis  no I have not. 

@JeremyWright is there a best way for me to send you the ppkx? Thanks

Readamap
New Contributor II

The problem occurs when exporting vector tiled basemaps as an .aix file

0 Kudos
SarahBell
Esri Contributor

Hi Amanda, This occurs because the transparency for that layer is applied to the target appearance of the groups within that layer rather than the layer itself. A new implementation is in the works, so stay tuned, but the workaround for now is as follows:

1) identify the transparency for those groups in Illustrator. Do this by clicking on the target icon for one of those groups and check its transparency appearance in Illustrator. (e.g. let's say it is 11%)

2) Now select all the artwork in the layer you want to work on, and ungroup the artwork. (SHIFT + CTRL + G in windows). Note that this will remove the transparency.

3) Now click the target appearance icon for the layer that contains the paths you just ungrouped. 

4) Apply the transparency to this layer's target appearance. (e.g. 11%). This will give you the desired transparency for that layer.

You will have to do these steps for any polygon layer that has transparency in the VT layers. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos