ArcGIS Pro aligning with map on plot

Jump to solution
03-21-2019 07:50 AM
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

I have a map that is rotated and set the symbols to align with the display. When exported to pdf the symbols stay aligned with the layout but when plotted they align with map north.  Is this a bug?  

ArcGIS pro 2.3.1

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

BUG-000121285 : Angle Alignment set to "Display" is not honored after printing the map directly from ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Are you plotting the pdf or from pro?  

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

I don't understand your question.  I plotted directly from pro and the symbols are aligned to map north not the top of page ( not desired).  I export to pdf from the same layout without changing anything and the pdf has the symbols aligned to the top of page ( desired).  If I print the pdf the orientation stays the same as the on screen pdf. 

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

I just tested this and it happens to me as well using 2.3.1, must be a bug.  Why not plot the pdf?   I historically have had issues plotting from ArcMap and Pro so I always export them to pdf and print those.   

0 Kudos
JosephRathvon
Occasional Contributor

I was having issues getting the colors to stay the same in the pdf and had cripsness issues with the pdf.  I figured I would skip the steps and print from Pro. It looks great and was fast...except the symbols are rotated.

Thanks for the help and double checking 

MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

BUG-000121285 : Angle Alignment set to "Display" is not honored after printing the map directly from ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1

MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

The status of Esri BUG-000121285 - Angle Alignment set to "Display" is not honored after printing the map directly from ArcGIS Pro. - that you have been associated with has been changed to Implemented.
Public Explanation:                    
Case Number: 02290974                            
Version Fixed: 2.3.2

0 Kudos