Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 issues with Postgres 14.5

Jump to solution
03-07-2023 02:57 PM
ckesler_egi
New Contributor II

My organization has a need to export table data stored in a file geodatabase to a PostgreSQL v 14.5 database.

Until recently the workflow worked flawlessly from ArcGIS Pro.  I recently upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and now the workflow fails. I get a useless, rarely used error code - "ERROR 160236 - The operation is not supported by this implementation."

The workflow made use of the Append tool where I was appending to a table in PostgreSQL from a table in a file geodatabase.

I am still able to make the sde connection to PostgreSQL and see the existing tables. My login and schema are same and thus I can make a connection without a server license.

Any ideas as to what could be wrong would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ckesler_egi
New Contributor II

Problem solved, although I don't know how.  After closing my python notebook, closing the project and rebooting, my workflow worked again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

160236: The operation is not supported by this implementation.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

as indicated, more information is needed since it is rarely seen and your information would help.  Did you try following their recommendation there?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ckesler_egi
New Contributor II

I have not given ESRI feedback yet per the instructions via the error link. I appreciate the suggestion.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Did you upgrade to PostgreSQL 14.x also as part of this process?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ckesler_egi
New Contributor II

Greetings,

No, I did not upgrade PostgreSQL as part of the process. I have been using v. 14.5 without a problem along with ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2. Is it possible that ArcGIS Pro 3.1 is not compatible with PostgreSQL 14.5?

Thank you,

Christopher

0 Kudos
ckesler_egi
New Contributor II

Problem solved, although I don't know how.  After closing my python notebook, closing the project and rebooting, my workflow worked again.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

When I upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 3.1, I had to upgrade my st_geometry.dll located in the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\12\lib directory with a newer version.  I've had zero problems with PostgreSQL 12.x using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.

Supported PostgreSQL databases in ArcGIS Pro are here.

0 Kudos