ArcGIS Pro 3.1 Export Layout

02-24-2023 06:53 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

I updated to version 3.1 this morning and have found that I can't export layouts to graphic files when opening projects created in a previous version of ArcGIS Pro. When I try it seems to hang with the message 'preparing export'. If I copy layouts and maps into a new project file they export ok. Has anyone else come across this issue at all so far?

0 Kudos
37 Replies
ttencer
New Contributor II

same issue here. Export takes ages.. progress bar seems to be stuck but PDF is being created. 

Some rasters (mosaic) haven't been rendered properly, some are missing.... 

Another issue is that stretching (min-max) doesn't work properly as well. Has something to do with gamma.. I'm desperate.

0 Kudos
ElyssaUrban1
New Contributor II

Same issues here!  Can't export layout to anything without it taking up to 25 minutes!  Seems to be with any projects that were created before updating to 3.1.  Very frustrating! 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In reviewing a Support Case that mirrors this Esri Community post, the customer and analyst were able to get the export to work by doing the following workflow:

-  Saved the layout as a layout file
-  Start a new project without a template
-  Import the layout file into the new ArcGIS Pro project
-  Export layout to PDF - success with minimal time
-  Determination was the original *.aprx was likely corrupt.

Not an ideal workflow granted but might be worth a test to determine if this fixes the lengthy export times you're experiencing.  If not, I highly recommend a call to Esri Support Services to work with an analyst.  

FundaçãoAroeira
New Contributor

This was the only solution that worked well. Hope there is a fix for this bug. Thanks!

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
New Contributor III

Hi Robert. Thank you for that information. Does this mean we can export or save out each layout in an existing 3.1 project and re-import it into a 3.1 project to solve the export problem? I ask because we have dozens and even hundreds of layouts per project and cannot do the above for every layout needing to be exported? I'm just trying to get my head around how we fix the issue with so many layouts? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Arne_Gelfert
Occasional Contributor III

@GrantDickins_OX2 Saw this while scouring the forums for 3.1 issues before upgrading...  I bet you could script that import/export for all your layouts with arcpy. Say here this functionality was added in 2.6 but of course, I can't find any examples of it. So maybe it's not possible after all.😂

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Grant - not sure the workflow required here but scripting it out could be a solution.  Near term I would suggest reaching out to Esri Support Services to see if they know of a better solution and if it is a BUG, then get it logged so it can be fixed in a future release.

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, thanks for that. I have been in contact with Support and they are investigating. We've tried a lot of tests and workarounds - appears to be not a simple solution. If a solution is found I can post the solution here.

0 Kudos
UrbanGreenGIS
New Contributor

Has anybody found a fix for this, Esri support told me to do a reinstall this didnt work, I have also cleared the cache and still encountering the issue. 

Hoping this is fixed fast as this issue will affect my work.

0 Kudos
ElyssaUrban1
New Contributor II
What worked for me was to Save As - rename the file - close ArcGIS - open the new file. Exporting worked fine then. It's a pain, but it worked for me at least.
0 Kudos