ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to display the “percent” field as a percent in labeling and symbology,

05-20-2023 11:21 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to display the “percent” field as a percent in labeling and symbology,

I couldn’t figure out how to display the “percent” field as a percent in labeling and symbology as illustrated in the screenshot below

Clip_112.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

Manually edit the Label column in the Symbology pane to change the appearance of the symbology text in the Contents pane. The values that appear in the Label column in the Symbology pane are the same as those in the Value column by default but it’s actually the Label column that gets used. Double click on a value in the Label column --> overwrite it press Enter. Just about any character is allowed.

BarryNorthey_0-1684616609188.png

Labeling is a bit different and you might try adding a Long integer field if you are OK with no decimals and calculate it to create numbers like 25. Then write an Arcade labeling expression like

BarryNorthey_1-1684616852948.png

Todd_Metzler
Occasional Contributor III

I'll suggest using any character that has meaning in scripting languages should be avoided in tables accessed in a GIS client.  Some examples: *, % ", '... 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Based on your input, I managed to show the percent format for both the label and table.

I’m still wondering if there is still a way to display the percent format in the symbology but not manually.

Clip_113.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I managed to solve this issue as per the code below

Round ($feature.percent * 100, 1) + "%" + ", " + $feature.ToBreak + ", " +$feature.SUM_Population

Clip_114.jpg

Clip_115.jpg

Jamal Numan