Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 - Appearance tab gone

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 11:02 AM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Since upgrading to 3.0.1 from 2.92 I've been unable to get the appearance tab/menu text thing to show up where it used to with the rest of them, Project...Layout...Insert...Analysis...etc  Used to show up automatically when you pick on the TOC a layer form the layout view.

KeithAddison1_0-1662486633046.png

Where has it gone?  Is there anyway to lock all of the tab/menu texts at the top so they stop needlessly jumping around depending on what you click.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Keith - this appears to be a UI (user interface change) between 2.9.x and 3.0.x of ArcGIS Pro.  In my graphics below, you can see the 2.9 ribbon where the term "appearance" appears.  In the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 ribbon, "appearance" has been reworded to "feature layer" - same functionality just the words changed.

appearance29.JPGappearance30.JPG

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Keith - this appears to be a UI (user interface change) between 2.9.x and 3.0.x of ArcGIS Pro.  In my graphics below, you can see the 2.9 ribbon where the term "appearance" appears.  In the ArcGIS Pro 3.0 ribbon, "appearance" has been reworded to "feature layer" - same functionality just the words changed.

appearance29.JPGappearance30.JPG

RickAguirre
New Contributor

Robert_LeClair, 

Thank you, for the Robert Le_Clarification to the 2.9 -3.0 word change