ArcGIS Pro 2.8 Fields view error

Jump to solution
05-19-2021 10:17 PM
Labels (2)
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

Hi all. I just updated to 2.8 and something broke. The Fields View stopped working and I can no longer access the field design view. This happens either with feature classes, shapefiles or feature layers. Tested on new blank project, with new file geodatabase, or with new shape files. Whether I right click the vector file and select Design>Fields, or when I select the vector file and click form the ribbon Data>Fields, the result is the same.

Cyprus_Forest_Department_0-1621487813215.png

If I move my project folders and uninstall can I put them back and work as usual without loosing my data?

Is there another option like a "clear cache" or "reset" function for the program so as to avoid uninstall?

Thanks for the help.

Tags (1)
31 Replies
Daniel_McIntyre
New Contributor

I can confirm the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service is set to "Disabled" at startup on our VMs. I re-enabled the service on one VM and asked my ArcGIS power user to test the "Fields" function again. If this works, I owe @AdamLake2 one!

0 Kudos
Daniel_McIntyre
New Contributor

Success! The faculty ArcGIS power user confirms running ArcGIS Pro 2.9 & 3.0 (VMware VMs, Windows 10 21H2 Enterprise, NVIDIA_a40-2q vGPU with driver 472.39 and *enabling* the Touch Keyboard & Handwriting Panel) "....work just fine when moving from the attribute table to the fields view". Virtual drink(s) of choice to @AdamLake2 !

Thanks!

D.