Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.8 - Cannot access drive ERROR when try to connect to folder

Jump to solution
08-08-2021 06:40 AM
Labels (1)
DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

After I upgraded from Pro 2.7 to 2.8.1 I can't connect anymore  to network drives!!

Our network goes over few VLANs. I figured that when I try to connect to a network drive that on the same VLAN as my computer - there is no problem. But, when I try to connect to a drive that on a different VLAN I get this error: "Cannot access B:\"   (B is one of my network drives letter). It doesn't matter if i try to connect with the full network path (not the drive letter). 

Before upgrading to Pro 2.8 on Pro 2.6 and 2.7 there wasn't any problem to connect to these Network Drives.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks,

Daniel

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you very much - I'll try your solution. 

I also found a workaround: If I drag with the mouse the folder or Drive letter from the file explorer to the Catalog view - it works ( Go figure 🤷‍:male_sign:). 

View solution in original post

DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

Hi DrVSSKiran,

Your solution doesn't work on our computers. 

However I found a workaround solution: If I drag a folder or network path with the mouse (or the the Drive letter) from the file explorer to the Catalog view - it works ( Go figure 🤷‍).  

mborobio_abtemas
Occasional Contributor

It works... thanks!

8 Replies
DrVSSKiran
Frequent Contributor

Disconnect your network drive from your system and restart it. After restarting the system try to reconfigure the network drive and assign the B: drive and try once. Hope the problem will resolve. Some time external drive and network drive will create an issue if any temp files are blocked.

0 Kudos
DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

Hi DrVSSKiran,

However I found a workaround solution: If I drag a folder or network path with the mouse (or the the Drive letter) from the file explorer to the Catalog view - it works ( Go figure 🤷‍).  

mborobio_abtemas
Occasional Contributor

It works... thanks!

DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

Great. 
I think this happens when you try to connect to a network drive that is on a different VLAN. 

0 Kudos
mborobio_abtemas
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
DanielGluck
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, 

Thank you very much - I'll try your solution. 

I also found a workaround: If I drag with the mouse the folder or Drive letter from the file explorer to the Catalog view - it works ( Go figure 🤷‍:male_sign:). 

MarciaWolfe
New Contributor

it worked for me! thanks

aggieair
New Contributor

Drag folder and drop worked! Thanks!

0 Kudos