ArcGIS Pro 2.7 - Extent indicators not working

Jump to solution
01-06-2021 01:12 PM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a layout with two map/data frames setup in it, I can configure the extent indicators for the small keymap all I want but after screwing with all the options I could find, I still can't get the indicators to show up.  The frame that the extent indicator is pointing to (the source, purple below) is the template for a map series, the idea being to have the extent indicator change as you go through the series sheets, could that be a problem?  Can this even be done in Pro?

KeithAddison1_1-1609966972795.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KeithAddison1

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that option.  It didn't help, but I deleted everything and recreated it in a new project and it works now.  Must have been some unknown bug or toggle somewhere in the old version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

If you change the Shape dropdown to Map Series Shape it should show the extent indicator, and update for each page. I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Aubri 

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that option.  It didn't help, but I deleted everything and recreated it in a new project and it works now.  Must have been some unknown bug or toggle somewhere in the old version.

0 Kudos