ArcGIS Pro 2.6 Living Atlas Legend

10-19-2020 06:08 PM
Orca654
New Contributor III

After upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 2.6, Living Atlas cannot truly be disabled on the legend.

Even though you un-checked the item, and did not see any Living Atlas item on the Legend in the Layout view, however, after you export the layout to images or PDF, the Living Atlas items are still shown on the legend.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ming, 

You are probably running into something similar to BUG-000131306.  Until this issue is addressed you will need to create a legend slightly differently than you are doing now. We hope to have this issue addressed by the next release.

To get around the bug you will need to create a new legend that does not include this layer when the legend is created. You can do this in two ways. As you point out you can create the legend first and then add the service to the map.  If the service is already in the legend you can create a legend without this layer by selecting the layers you do want in your legend and then insert the legend.

From Add a legend—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Optionally, if you don't want all the layers added to the legend, expand the map in the Contents pane and select the layers to add to the legend. If no layers are selected, a legend is added containing all applicable layers from the map contained in the default map frame.

For more information please refer to the following thread: Unwanted Legend Item Appears After Export .

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
Joanna_van_Bommel
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

I'm having the exact opposite issue. While I have a Living Atlas layer visible on the map and enabled on the legend in the layout contents pane, it does not appear in the legend as it was doing before I updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.6.2. I tried exporting to image and still it does not appear in the legend. Is this also being fixed?

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joanna, 

I'm not aware of any issue where the sub-layers of a map service layer are NOT appearing in the legend as expected.  This would be a different bug.  Could tell me what Living Atlas layer you are using?

Thanks, 

Tom

0 Kudos
Joanna_van_Bommel
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

I am using the Global Land Cover 1992-2018 layer. Both the global layer and any clipped rasters I derive from it are not appearing in the legend. I can edit their theoretical appearance in the Format Legend Item pane and apply those changes but they still do not appear in the legend on the map layout. 

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joanna, 

The Global Land Cover 1992-2018 service is a different service type than the service types referred to in most of this thread.  Global Land Cover 1992-2018 is a Raster service.

I was unable to get a legend using 2.6 or 2.5. I have confirmed that the legend is showing up in 2.7.

I'm not familiar with the history of legend support for this service type so I do not know if this was supported in the past, though you say you were previously seeing the legend items for this service.  I'm just curious... do recall which version of Pro you were using?

Thanks, 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Joanna_van_Bommel
New Contributor

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking! The version I was using previously was 2.5.1.

0 Kudos