ArcGIS Pro 2.5 and untools 2.5 python downgrades

02-17-2020 09:48 AM
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

Several python packages will either be superseded or downgraded during an install of untools v2.5.0 in ArcGIS Pro 2.5

After upgrading to Pro 2.5 I cloned my python env and began installing both the dltsolutions package and the untools package.  The untools version listed was 2.5.0.  The dltsolutions package installed fine.  However, the untools package never finished.  After trying to reinstall, the highest version available was 2.2.  Figuring that this probably wasn't right, I opted to install via the ArcGIS python command prompt.

A 'conda search untools' command did result in seeing v2.5.0 available.

A 'conda install -c esri untools' command gave me this:

Again, my initial install of the untools package resulted in only one version option, 2.5.0.  A second attempt resulted in the ability to choose only 2.2.0.x versions.

What do I do?  Install and keep the superseded packages and then force the downgraded packages?  Roll back to Pro 2.4?  This doesn't pass the sniff test but I am not a python package expert...

5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

conda install blahblah --no-pin --dry-run

to see what will happen, most of the pinned files don't cause issue in my experience

Most of those in your list is because esri is put at the top of the list in the

.condarc  file .... its contents

channels:
- esri
- defaults

hence the nag.  

If you want to try ... conda install blahblah --no-pin .... the worse that can happen is that you have to revert the revision.. from the conda prompt

conda list --revisions

conda install --revision xx

where xx is some number

python - How do I revert to a previous package in Anaconda? - Stack Overflow 

LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

Thanks, Dan.

I proceeded with the install.  Since it's a cloned environment anyway, the loses won't be that big.

Not sure if it is related, but when I view the Geoprocessing pane, I now see this:

**edit

I switched back to the default env and my toolboxes came back.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

They don't provide any other suggestions on the un site

Install the Utility Network Package Tools toolbox—Get Started | ArcGIS Solutions 

or the anaconda site

https://anaconda.org/esri/untools 

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

What version of Pro did you upgrade from?

0 Kudos
LoganSuhr_PSE
New Contributor III

Pro 2.4.3

0 Kudos