Arcgis Pro 2.3 Text Notes

Jump to solution
01-29-2019 08:29 AM
AlexRocco
New Contributor III

I was in desperate need of graphic text so trying to use Text Notes(Map Notes). How do I scale them or rotate them? The option seems to be there but nothing happens. I need to at least scale them so I can at least get close to what graphic/free text does in ArcMap. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnJones
Esri Contributor

It would be best to use the "Annotation" Tool for rotating and scaling these text notes, although you should also find that the "Scale" tool would work when you have multiple selected text notes.  As the 'geometry' for the text note is very small (effectively a point) scaling a point is problematic.  It all comes down to computing the bounding box of the selected elements.  The "Annotation" tool will allow you to select a single piece of text (an annotation feature) and you can effectively scale it as well as rotate it and edit the text.  

All these tools are available from the Edit tab's Modify Features dock pane as well as the ribbons Tools gallery.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnJones
Esri Contributor

It would be best to use the "Annotation" Tool for rotating and scaling these text notes, although you should also find that the "Scale" tool would work when you have multiple selected text notes.  As the 'geometry' for the text note is very small (effectively a point) scaling a point is problematic.  It all comes down to computing the bounding box of the selected elements.  The "Annotation" tool will allow you to select a single piece of text (an annotation feature) and you can effectively scale it as well as rotate it and edit the text.  

All these tools are available from the Edit tab's Modify Features dock pane as well as the ribbons Tools gallery.