ArcGIS Pro 2.3 random crashes

01-30-2019 06:57 AM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes without warning usually during processes like changing windows etc.  No way to diagnose as no crash window comes up.

Tags (2)
52 Replies
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Interesting that 2.3 is showing this message. This is the fist time it as appeared and was not seen in the 2.0-2.2 series. ESRI did add a new type of 3d scene with 2.2.4 that may cause this (i.e., they now have a local and a global 3d scene).

rich 

0 Kudos
CiprianSamoila
New Contributor II

I am also experiencing crashes in ArcGIS Pro. Detection tells me that I have the recommended specs, all drivers seem to be up to date. Event Viewer points me .NET runtime to be responsible for the issue.

The latest crash seems to happen when I add a new feature class to the project map.

What is most upsetting above all is that there is no project autosave, and many changes in layout or layer labeling and symbols get lost in a sudden crash.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Ciprian, do you have any .dmp files in this location: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports ?

If you do will you please send them to me at kkramer@esri.com ?

You can tell which are from Pro 2.3 in the filename:

0 Kudos
CiprianSamoila
New Contributor II

Hi,

I sent one of them just a few minutes ago. Did you receive it?

Thank you,

Ciprian

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry, can you email it to me at kkramer@esri.com?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thank you, Ciprian.  I'm sorry that you've experienced a crash.  We have received it and the dev team will analyze and investigate a fix for an upcoming patch or release.  

0 Kudos
ChrisLope
New Contributor II

I wish I would've seen this thread before update to 2.3 earlier this week.  I've had random crashes all morning long, while doing basic things like adding layers from Portal and changing window focus from one map to another.  So frustrating!  I've started saving my project after I do ANY change, so I'm not stuck recreating work again.  I wish I would've been smart enough to start doing that a few hours ago, haha.

I have been submitting the file dumps via the reporting tool when it happens, btw.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry you're experiencing crashes, Chris.  When you're submitting the error reports, are you including your email address?  I tried some searches to find them but I'm coming up blank.  If so, you could DM me your email so I can search on it.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
ChrisLope
New Contributor II

Thanks for reaching out, Kory. I can't DM you--it says we have to be friends or you follow me.  Hopefully this will be enough to foil any spambots, haha--my email is my first name (dot) my last name, at ssa.gov.  Looks like my client is now seeing the 2.3.1 patch, so I'll snag that and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Chris, I found the error report that you submitted.  Thank you for including an email address and description - this is very helpful (more on there here: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners )

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that specific issue is addressed in 2.3 patch 1.  

I'd say install the patch, and if you have steps that consistently reproduce a crash to get those to me directly.  That can make it much easier for dev teams to investigate and fix.

Cheers

0 Kudos