Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 Copy Feature Error

02-15-2019 01:26 PM
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Hello - when trying to perform a simple copy feature class from an SQL Server 2017 SDE layer to my project's file geodatabase, I receive a Copy fail error in ArcGIS Pro 2.3.  This worked in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.x - 

This is just a simple layer, no attachments, related tables, topology etc.  

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you using the copy/paste workflow or the Copy Features GP tool?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

The copy/paste workflow. In the catalog pane for Pro, I am selecting the feature, performing a right-click, to activate the context menu>copy, selecting the destination project file gdb, performing a right-click>context menu>paste.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay.  Would you be able to test the Copy Features GP tool to see if that tool works properly or not?  Then we can troubleshoot workflows from there.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Yes I will

0 Kudos
Jared_Motuz
Esri Contributor

David,

Can you verify that the connection file used to connect to the SQL Server layer is using the same user name as the owner of the data?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Hi Jared - I connect as dbo normally.  We use editor and viewer roles in our sql environment and then assign enterprise users to the appropriate role.  

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Honored Contributor

I can confirm that connecting as the data owner does then copy the features to the project file gdb using the copy/paste workflow. I can confirm that the copy gp tool does work when connected using windows authentication.

Jared_Motuz
Esri Contributor

Thank you for confirming that. I was able to see the same inconsistencies while working in 2.3 and enterprise geodatabases. I would recommend contacting Esri's Tech Support to get the ball rolling on this.

Esri Customer service: 1 (888) 377-4575

0 Kudos