Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 stuck on startup at Initializing....

09-06-2018 07:17 AM
EricEagle
Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.2 is stuck on startup at the Initializing... splash screen.  I have let it sit there for 20 minutes before killing the process.  It will no longer open at all.

Here's what I've tried.

- Uninstalling ArcGIS Pro.

- Deleting all ArcGIS Pro-related directories under my user profile.

- Reinstalling ArcGIS Pro.

The problem continues.

My workstation is capable.  Intel Xeon, 3.4ghz, 24 cores.  128GB RAM.  Nvidia Quadro K5200.  Windows 10.

ArcGIS Pro is installed to C:\ArcGIS\Pro in order to give me the write access I need to install Python libraries and modify conda settings.  Installing to the default \Program Files\ is not an option for it is not writable by policy. (Incidentally, I found that you can't install the offline help if you've installed Pro to a non-standard location... thanks Esri)

Short of getting a local admin to log me on, and combing through the entire flippin registry to delete every single trace of ArcGIS Pro, does anyone have any suggestions of things I could try?

10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I have a nonstandard location as well, but that isn't the problem, I use Named User AND I am connected to the internet.  The only time I had issues was when there was no internet and I hadn't toggled the ability to work offline option.

0 Kudos