Select to view content in your preferred language

Export Animation to Video from Layout?

Jump to solution
02-10-2017 07:15 PM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

I have setup a layout and an animation.  Whilst I can preview the animation in layout mode, I am having a problem trying to export to video from the layout view.  It pops up the export window, but despite what settings I try, it fails to do anything when I hit export, no error/warning, just nothing happens.

I can export fine from the map view, but I want to use layout so I can include company logo/formatted dynamic datetime label.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is no mention except from the map view, but if you need a company logo to show or text there is this link

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There is no mention except from the map view, but if you need a company logo to show or text there is this link

SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Dan, that works. Did not realise about the ability to add dynamic text and images within the animations.  Neat.

0 Kudos
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

Annoyingly, it seems you can't export a movie from Layout view. Only from Map view.

This is pretty unhelpful. I'm using Pro 2.4.2.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

It looks like this was also brought up over here: https://community.esri.com/thread/216934-how-do-i-put-a-legend-in-an-time-enabled-map-animation-in-a... and a subsequent enhancement request was logged.  If this would be helpful to you, go over to ArcGIS Ideas‌ and submit something for creating animations from layouts in Pro.

Thank you

0 Kudos