ArcGIS Pro 2.0 scale bar height

Jump to solution
08-02-2017 09:21 AM
JerryHobbs1
New Contributor II

I would like to adjust the height or thickness of a scale bar in ArcGIS Pro 2.0. Can this be done?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Resizing the height of the scale bar using a property is not yet available in Pro. We do have plans to expand the scale bar properties pane and add this option, but it will come in a future release. 

Thanks,
David

View solution in original post

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Look for this in Pro 2.2.  

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

If you are talking in the layout look here:

Scale bars—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop 

JerryHobbs1
New Contributor II

I don't see anything in the online help regarding the height or thickness of scale bars in ArcGIS 2.0. ArcMap has this functionality, but I can't find it (if it exists) in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jerry,

Double click on the scale bar and it will bring up the properties on the right hand side (likely). From there you can select the drop down menu of whatever you need to change and change it in there

You can also do this by clicking on the scale bar and then clicking on the format menu that becomes available and choosing the item you want to format in the drop list at the top ribbon:

0 Kudos
JerryHobbs1
New Contributor II

I've done this, but the property for scale bar height doesn't seem to be here. In ArcMap it's simple to set the bar size (e.g. 3.5 pt - see below).

I don't see a similar scale bar property in ArcGIS Pro. Am I overlooking it?

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

Changing the font size of the text also changes the height or size of the

scale bar.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Interesting, I cannot find that either. So you just want to make that bar bigger and nothing else, right? The only place where I can see this is in the Format ribbon bar you can adjust the line width (but this does not change the bar size).

0 Kudos
MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

I generally use the panes to do this, not the menu bar. Right-click on the scale bar and open properties. Then click on text and there one can change the font size. 

0 Kudos
RickyReid
New Contributor III

I was hoping for more of a dynamic solution like an ArcMap.  Just click and drag a corner to resize and everything adjusts to the size of the frame.  It looks like there are options for that but it doesn't work properly.  I can resize the frame and everything stays the same size and leaves a bunch of white space in the legend (for example).

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Resizing the height of the scale bar using a property is not yet available in Pro. We do have plans to expand the scale bar properties pane and add this option, but it will come in a future release. 

Thanks,
David