ArcGIS Pro 2.0 - Copy Runtime Geodatabse tools

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 08:36 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.0

It appears that in this version of ArcGIS Pro the following  tools are not availble 

*Copy runtime geodatabase to File Geodatabase

*Create runtime Content

I know ArcMap 10.5.1 is a different product - but is their an equivalent tool(s) we can use?

(The purpose is to recover Collector Databases that wont sync back to the device)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoleGamble1
Esri Contributor

Before Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase tool existed in ArcMap (10.2 and earlier), we had to use a combination of two tools instead. These steps should also work in ArcGIS Pro:

1. Search for the tool “Export XML Workspace Document”
2. In Input data, drag and drop the .geodatabase file from your device (you have to drag and drop it in the white line below “Input data” because you won’t be able to find it using the “Open” button)
3. Choose a location for the output .xml file. Leave all other options by default.
4. Once done, open the tool Import XML Workspace Document (in Data Management/Distributed Geodatabase)
5. In Target GDB, put the location of the geodatabase that will contain all the exported data (it will automatically create one if it doesn’t exists yet in the specified folder). Always use a blank GDB.
6. In Import file, put the .xml file you created earlier. Leave other options by default.
7. You should now have a file geodatabase containing all the data

Here's where I found the original steps that I modified for Pro: Tuto: Collector for ArcGIS: Go (really) offline! | CartoBLOG  

I tested this out in Pro 2.0 and it looks like this works. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The only thing I see about supporting runtime content is packages

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/package-map.htm

It may be a case of things have changed, or not yet

0 Kudos
NicoleGamble1
Esri Contributor

Before Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase tool existed in ArcMap (10.2 and earlier), we had to use a combination of two tools instead. These steps should also work in ArcGIS Pro:

1. Search for the tool “Export XML Workspace Document”
2. In Input data, drag and drop the .geodatabase file from your device (you have to drag and drop it in the white line below “Input data” because you won’t be able to find it using the “Open” button)
3. Choose a location for the output .xml file. Leave all other options by default.
4. Once done, open the tool Import XML Workspace Document (in Data Management/Distributed Geodatabase)
5. In Target GDB, put the location of the geodatabase that will contain all the exported data (it will automatically create one if it doesn’t exists yet in the specified folder). Always use a blank GDB.
6. In Import file, put the .xml file you created earlier. Leave other options by default.
7. You should now have a file geodatabase containing all the data

Here's where I found the original steps that I modified for Pro: Tuto: Collector for ArcGIS: Go (really) offline! | CartoBLOG  

I tested this out in Pro 2.0 and it looks like this works. Hope this helps!