Maximum distance to edge through a network

07-04-2017 08:36 AM
deleted-user-hwcOLD4Ux5CR
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I've been using Pro for the past month now and in the last week I've run into a problem that seems simple, but I haven't been able to figure out.

I'm looking for a way to calculate the maximum distance to an edge from a point by travelling through a road network. Giving this a little more context, I have a base location of a service provider (the point) and their service area. From this, I want to use the road network to calculate the distance from their location to the farthest edge of their service area. In this example, the service provider is charges mileage by the kilometer outside of their service area, so I am interested in calculating an estimate of the max distance they will travel before charging for extra mileage.

I've found examples of maximum distance to polygon edge calculations, but none using a road network in the calculation.

Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can't you intersect the road network with the service area polygon to produce points?  you can then determine the travel time/distance from the origin to those points.

deleted-user-hwcOLD4Ux5CR
New Contributor II

Yes, actually! Using the results of the intersect and the network analyst tools output exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

no problem

0 Kudos