ArcGIS Pro 1.3 - Sub Selection on an Attribute Table

Jump to solution
08-09-2016 08:13 AM
ChaseCarter
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible, in Pro, to highlight a selection in an attribute table like in ArcMap?

sub_selection.jpg

We are just starting to evaluate Pro and have noticed a few things missing (although probably just in a different location).

Thanks,

Chase

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

The 'Reselect Highlighted' experience is not in Pro, and neither is the Statistics field context menu experience.

If you want these things please create an Idea for them so they can be evaluated.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Yes... are you having problems finding the table? Have you selected a layer and gone to the Data tab?

0 Kudos
ChaseCarter
New Contributor III

Hi Dan,

I'm making my selection, showing the table from selection but then I can't select from the selection after that.

sub_selection_data_tab.jpg

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

it looks like you made a selection on the map physically or via query, then you opened the table by selection option so far so good.  now do you want to select a subset of that? There are several options you can try (don't have pro on me right now).  on the extreme left in the grey area, you should be able to select just the rows you want with or without holding down the shift key to just select those (I think) or try clear, then select, if memory serves the table doesn't move so you can then select the rows you wanted.  In short... play around with it... there are way more options in working with the tables than in arcmap and it will take some time getting used to it.  Like you can view the table, or the selection table. 

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

The 'Reselect Highlighted' experience is not in Pro, and neither is the Statistics field context menu experience.

If you want these things please create an Idea for them so they can be evaluated.

ChaseCarter
New Contributor III

Thanks Bruce.  I've noticed a couple things missing that are nice for interrogating data.

Vote it up!!

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12425 - https://community.esri.com/ideas/12425

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI,

There is also an Enhancement that has already been logged in Technical Support which is the following...

ENH-000096583 - Add the ability to highlight selected rows in ArcGIS Pro, as is currently possible in ArcMap.

If you would like me to open a support case for you and attach it to this enhancement, please let me know and I would be happy to do so.

Best Regards,

Brandon

ChaseCarter
New Contributor III

That would be appreciated Brandon.  As I know ESRI is playing catch-up with Pro to equal out the features with ArcMap I'm hoping all the features I see missing will eventually be added in with time.  Is there a link where we can see the ENH's? Maybe that would save me some time from posting for something already being worked on.

Chase

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Great, Chase.

I sent you a message asking for information that can be used to create a case for you.  As far as a running list of enhancements, I would continue to monitor the ArcGIS Ideas site and review the What's new in ArcGIS Pro 1.3—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop section of each new release.

0 Kudos