ArcGIS for student use cannot activate ArcGIS Pro

03-06-2020 05:52 AM
YingchengLi
New Contributor

I bought one-year menbership of ArcGIS for student use. But everytime when I login ArcGIS Pro, it displays that my ArcGIS online account is a public account, I feel very confused. I try to contact my administrator but the email was sent to my own email address, it seems that I am the administrator of my account. But I cannot assign a license to my own account. Could anyone help me solve this issue to use ArcGIS pro?

2 Replies
MaryEscalante
New Contributor

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

I am having the exact same issue and have everything installed. When I try to log-in to ArcGIS Pro with the account I bought the student license with, the same error message shows up: "Your account could not be used to authorize ArcGIS Pro because it is an ArcGIS Public Account."

I was directed to a representative and they lead me through loopholes for an hour and did not know how to fix this. She told me to create another public account in which I was able to sign in successfully to ArcGIS Pro. But, I told her that this didn't solve my initial problem since I wanted to have everything connected to the account I made the initial purchase on. I have certain things saved on to the student license account and am extremely confused as to why this is so difficult to do.

Now, I am waiting to be connected to a different representative. I've been dealing with this issue for a couple of days now so I'm hoping that someone understands how to solve this. 

0 Kudos
beasbarik
New Contributor

Hi, 

Were you guys able to solve the problem, I seem to have the same issue. Please let me know what was the solution for it

0 Kudos