Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgis for personal use

11-28-2017 12:52 PM
ChrisBaker2
New Contributor

I have a personal use file authorization. I thought that I could use that for the ArcGIS Pro? I am a student so do I need to have a new license issued for a student account?

Chris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

According to ESRI ArcGIS for Personal Use comes with ArcGIS Pro.

ArcGIS for Personal Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Personal Use 

However, it may be that you have instead a Student license authorization.  The contents of that may vary depending upon your educational institution and for what class it is related to.  As to whether it comes with ArcGIS Pro, that is harder to say.  It seems like the most recent one comes with ArcGIS Pro, but if you received the software a while ago or for example with a book or Tutorial published a few years ago it may not have it.

Esri Software for Students at Institutions with a Site License 

ArcGIS for Student Use Program | ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced for Student Use 

Can you check to see what the exact name is for the license authorization?  In other words, what product does it say it is.  If the software authorization is through a school, you may have to check with the school/program that granted it to you for the particulars.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
ChrisBaker2
New Contributor

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You institution may not have release Pro to the masses yet.  

We waited for a while.

Contact your support person and if they are ready to deal with the issues, they may release it to you

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Someone at your institution manages the student accounts and access to them while you are a student.  You first contact would be the course instructor that you used the software for.  In many institutions, their Libraries or IT departments manage this.  If you are still an active student you normally are able to access software for download through your My Esri link in your profile a the top of this page.