ArcGIS cannot be set to work offline

05-16-2018 06:51 PM
HowardKalnitz
New Contributor II

Hi Folks

I have a non-commercial ArcGIS account, and named user license for ArcGIS Pro. I have been able to work offline in the past, but recently I have not been able to take  it offline. I get this warning:

Right before it comes up, the line under the request box in ArcGIS pro actually says I am authorized

I have tried everything I can think of, but no luck, and no luck finding any info. I am the admin, yet I cannot find a way to reset from the Online management of license page...

I have never authorized on another computer. The only thing I can think of, is I authorized a different license of Pro (from another AGOL organization that I need to lift some layers to), but then sign out of that one, and back into my non-comm account. Could that have caused the issue with this license?

Any Help would be appreciated!

Howard

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did you read the help topic on how to check out, then check back in your license?

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/start-arcgis-pro-with-a-named-user-license.htm

0 Kudos
HowardKalnitz
New Contributor II

Yes - It shows the license as signed in ( and available for signing out). I assume it is signed in (Is there any other way to check?)

I have signed in and out of my organization a few time to try and reset this, but to no avail.

Howard  

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You indicate that you signed into 2 accounts

Also, you need to sign in and out on the same machine... I got caught in that issue once

If none of the above has helped... contact tech support is your only other option

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Howard,

This is a known bug that popped up recently.  We are working on a fix to address this on the server-side which will likely be completed late next week.  In the meantime, please contact Technical Support if you cannot wait and need the licenses offline before then.  Here is the bug number and information if you need to reference it to Technical Support:

BUG-000113766 - Cannot take Pro licenses offline in situations where license expiration date is not correctly synced with org expiration date.

HowardKalnitz
New Contributor II

Amnoy

This did not solve this issue - I still cannot check out the Pro License

Howard

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Howard,

If you have more than one account for your organization and both are behaving the same way, it is likely that the organization's expiration date is out of sync with the offline expiration date.  In this case, the date need to be addressed on the AGOL organization.  Please contact our Customer Service representative to have it corrected.