Select to view content in your preferred language

Anyone extract a geopackage and get model that can be edited?

08-18-2020 01:17 PM
PaulV
by
New Contributor

I've built a simple model as a test, and validated that it runs correctly. I'm using ArcGIS 2.5, the same thing happens in 2.2

As per the ArcGIS Pro Model Builder documentation, I exported it to a geoprocessing package.

On Extracting Package, I can open and run the model, but I can't edit it or copy/paste it to a new location, e.g., to include in a different project.  Perhaps some setting on creation of the package, but I haven't been able to find it.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Have you tried unpacking to a different location as described in Use a geoprocessing package—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation ?  Does that make any difference?  Or at least would be a way to unpack in a different location.

0 Kudos
DrewFlater
Esri Regular Contributor

When you extract the package, the item that gets added to history for rerunning is called a geoprocessing task - it contains all the parameter settings and data pointers that you used when you previously ran the tool. The raw toolbox containing the original model is included in the package as well, as it is the tool that the task calls during execution. You can get to the original toolbox and model within the extracted package if you want to make modifications. 

We don't easily expose the underlying model, as it is needed in the original condition for the task to be able to successfully run, and that is the purpose of the geoprocessing package, to give someone a geoprocessing tool that they can rerun with the same or their own data.

Yellow highlight - the geoprocessing task; Blue circle - the original toolbox and model. The Model1 folder is the folder I used for the Output Folder parameter of Extract Package.