Select to view content in your preferred language

Anyone experiencing Pro locking up with 3.0?

09-16-2022 01:32 AM
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Has anybody experienced a very frustrating issue with the v3.0 Pro, whereby it lcoks up if you click on certain menu items, and you're effectively frozen out (you get a windows error noise with every mouse click).

This happens to me 1/5 times when i click on any menu option that would prompt a popup window; for example, Save edits; the window pops up to say "Are you sure you want to save". or when you save the project, which prompts a loading window to pop up saying "Saving project". On these occasions, the popup window fails to fully open and locks up the whole Pro session, which leads me to have to End the Task in Task Manager and losing all my work. Waiting for a backup to save doesn't get around losing work as everything is effectively frozen.

Given that it's a UI issue, I'm wandering if it's an issue with the new .NET installation? I've noticed it both with v3.0 and v3.0.1

David
..Maps with no limits..
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would just contact Tech Support so they can assess the installation versus your hardware and processing environment situation.  I have never experienced lockup

... sort of retired...
DeniseJohnson
New Contributor

Pro 3.0.3 Having this issue all the time and it is very frustrating. Another issue that I am having with this, is that Pro wants to keep doing a backup in progress, I have set the project recovery to 60 minutes, it seems to help some. 

Another issue is that I can only do one command at a time and then my Ribbon is totally grayed out and is unusable for at least 2 to 5 minutes. 

0 Kudos