Select to view content in your preferred language

Annotation Feature Class into PostgreSQL +PostGIS

06-18-2024 12:46 PM
culkeri
New Contributor

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to store an annotations layer inside a PostgreSQL database running PostGIS 3.2?

I know the database is properly formatted because I can export tables and other feature layers to it. However, I encounter the following errors when trying to export annotations:

ERROR 000287: Fail to create output feature class. Failed to execute (ConvertLabelsToAnnotation).

If I create an annotation layer in a FGDB and then try to export that layer into PostgreSQL, I get these errors:

ERROR 000210: Cannot create output C:\DDMS\csge.sde\geop.csge.ddms_test_two ERROR 000956: Output workspace does not support annotation Failed to execute (ExportFeatures).

Is there something specific I need to do to make the database support annotations?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you sure that the PostgreSQL database has been enabled as a geodatabase?

Is there an SDE schema present in the PostgreSQL database?

A PG DB + PostGIS can accept simple feature classes / tables without the geodatabase functionality. Which is what I think that you are experiencing right now.

Annotation is a geodatabase functionality and would require that component. Here is some documentation on what can be done with database and GIS: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/databases/databases-and-arcgis.htm

--- George T.
0 Kudos