Am I allowed to freelance with ArcGIS Personal Use?

Jump to solution
05-14-2023 05:11 AM
brar45
by
New Contributor

As per the title, I just wanted to know if I'm allowed to sell any data that I create, if I buy the personal use, for freelancing mainly, but I'm also looking into it as I'm a recent college grad, who's looking for a job and I need to get my skillset back up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS for Personal Use is a great option for recent grads for building their portfolio, taking tutorials and Esri academy offerings, and for keeping up to date the the latest software. As stated on the Personal Use site, it's intended for noncommercial personal use, therefore not for paid freelancing jobs.

ArcGIS for Personal Use comes with everything you need to map like a professional. Get access to the full range of ArcGIS capabilities to create rich, dynamic maps and apps. This is an easy and low-cost option for existing ArcGIS users who want the same powerful software licensed at home for noncommercial, personal use as well as recent graduates who want to build a personal GIS portfolio.

It is the same software but priced for an individual user to be used for personal, noncommercial projects such as professional development.

See the Overview and Pricing pages.

I'd expect that if you are doing freelance work for existing users they could come up with the software needed for you to do your consulting.

Others here may have additional insight. You can also call 1-800-447-9778 or chat online to review the terms of use and ask questions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS for Personal Use is a great option for recent grads for building their portfolio, taking tutorials and Esri academy offerings, and for keeping up to date the the latest software. As stated on the Personal Use site, it's intended for noncommercial personal use, therefore not for paid freelancing jobs.

ArcGIS for Personal Use comes with everything you need to map like a professional. Get access to the full range of ArcGIS capabilities to create rich, dynamic maps and apps. This is an easy and low-cost option for existing ArcGIS users who want the same powerful software licensed at home for noncommercial, personal use as well as recent graduates who want to build a personal GIS portfolio.

It is the same software but priced for an individual user to be used for personal, noncommercial projects such as professional development.

See the Overview and Pricing pages.

I'd expect that if you are doing freelance work for existing users they could come up with the software needed for you to do your consulting.

Others here may have additional insight. You can also call 1-800-447-9778 or chat online to review the terms of use and ask questions.

0 Kudos
Thiru_P
Occasional Contributor

Is this software different from the ArcGIS software for commercial use?

From https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-for-personal-use/buy#accordion-2d48b1408f-item-eb4... 

So, No you can not use ArcGIS for Personal Use in freelance work.

0 Kudos