Select to view content in your preferred language

After setting layer blending, setting "clip layer" makes everything disappear

Jump to solution
05-16-2023 06:42 PM
Labels (1)
-_-
by
Occasional Contributor

1. Open "Map", select one layer and set the blending of the layer to "Multiply" in the feature layer tag.

2. Set "Clip layer" for any layer in the map.

3. Visible layers are clipped.

However, when I set this "map" to the map frame of the layout, nothing is displayed. All layers with no settings are also not displayed.

It will be displayed if you change the layer blend set earlier from "multiply" to "normal", but I want to put it on top of the topographic map layer, so I want to use it with "multiply".

How can I display it in the layout while keeping it set to "multiply"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @-_-

This sounds very similar, if not the same, as BUG-000151718.  This issue has been addressed at version 3.1.

If you are using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and are still running into the problem please contact Esri Support. It could be that there is something specific about your data/workflow that we missed when testing and validating the fix for BUG-000151718.

Hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @-_-

This sounds very similar, if not the same, as BUG-000151718.  This issue has been addressed at version 3.1.

If you are using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and are still running into the problem please contact Esri Support. It could be that there is something specific about your data/workflow that we missed when testing and validating the fix for BUG-000151718.

Hope this helps,

Tom

-_-
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Tom.

When I updated to 3.1, "Exception Unknown software exception 0xe0434352" occurred and I could not start.

I am currently in contact with support.

I would like to check and let you know if the update is successful.

0 Kudos
-_-
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom.

I found the cause of 3.1 not starting. It was a problem with the "AppData/Local/ESRI/ArcGIS.Desktop.Config.daml" file.

Since the update was successful, when I checked the problem this time, I was able to display it in the layout with the layer set to "multiply".
Thank you very much for any help.

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm glad it worked out!

0 Kudos
CayerA
by
New Contributor II

Well, I suppose that means my Map Series will look better when my organization transitions to Pro 3!

0 Kudos