Add new styles to Pro system styles

Jump to solution
03-05-2020 12:50 PM
MikeSimmons
New Contributor II

Hi there!  I am trying to figure out if I can add styles to Pro so that they are available for all new projects.  I'm finding having to add the same styles to every project to be inefficient.  And I'm still working on establishing templates, so that may be the workaround but I figure there's gotta be a way to add styles to the system defaults.  Thanks!  And I haven't found this question yet, so sorry if it's been asked, just direct me there.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

The workaround I used was adding the folder where the style file was stored to my favorites, and then whenever I need it all you have to do is right click on it and select "Add Style". 

If there is a more "permanent" way to do this I'd love to know as well! Using templates does not necessarily work for every situation. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

The workaround I used was adding the folder where the style file was stored to my favorites, and then whenever I need it all you have to do is right click on it and select "Add Style". 

If there is a more "permanent" way to do this I'd love to know as well! Using templates does not necessarily work for every situation. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
MikeSimmons
New Contributor II

That works, thanks for that!  Hopefully there's a way to add to the system styles so we don't have that extra step to go through just as you said,  "Using templates does not necessarily work for every situation."

Thanks Katherine!

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad I could help!

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You might want to add your vote to https://community.esri.com/ideas/14277 You can see that there is a lot of discussion on that thread, including the fact that the team is considering ways to make this process easier in a future release...

MikeSimmons
New Contributor II

Done.  Thanks for pointing me in that direction.