Add link in Fields to connected folder

12-15-2020 11:36 AM
PipeVision
New Contributor

Heya,

I have to deliver mapping data in a GeoDatabase format.

Along with this database info, i need to supply relevant photos and videos for the features.
This will be delivered on a Hard Drive, or, USB.

Is there a way i can add a field, that contains a usable hyperlink to the attached data, that does NOT rely on Drive letter and path.
I have created a connected folder in the map folder which lives in MyProject\Data
In the Data folder for example, i will have folders named "Videos", "Pictures"

In a test field i have added i am trying to use: 
<a href="../Data/Videos/XCD089_1.MP4" target="_top">VideoLink</a>

Which shows the hyperlink "Videolink" in the popup no problem, however, does not resolve the file.

Is it possible to achieve this ? as using drive letter and path will fail, should the drive recieve a different letter on the clients systems.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

I think it may be as simple as you need to use backward slashes when specifying folders/paths.

and I believe you should be able to set a relative path for your hyperlink. In ArcMap, it is the path relative to the .mxd document. I presume the path to the Pro .aprx file is the equivalent.

But the help https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/navigation/use-hyperlinks-in-pop-ups.htm does say

Provide a full path to the item, for example,  \\machineName\sharedDirectory\imageName.jpg or file:///C:\Users\temp\OperationsSchedule.docx.

so, you may need to use an Arcade expression in your pop-up text definition that resolves the full path to your \Data folder and adds the file name from the feature's field.

Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to find a way to have Arcade retrieve the current workspace.