Add GPS Metadata Post Data Collection

Jump to solution
11-12-2021 06:18 AM
dfinkbeinerTMEE
New Contributor II

I recently collected data using Field Maps and need to analyze the Metadata of accuracies and such to pick out some areas of concern to go back and QC. Now I made a rookie mistake and didn't add the Metadata fields before collection. I am looking for a way to pull that data out and populate the Metadata fields that I added since completing my field work. I was using a Bad Elf Flex Unit in Extreme mode if that helps. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@dfinkbeinerTMEE i hate to break it to you, but that's impossible. Unless BadElf have a system log you can pull, and then match back the log to timestamps or locations, then you'll need to go and redo it with the Metadata fields added beforehand. Sorry

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Sadly, as @David_Brooks noted, there is no way to recover those attributes after the fact. 

The Bad Elf Flex does support logging though. So on the offhand chance you had logging enabled, then you can recover most of the GPS metadata attributes by sifting through the log file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@dfinkbeinerTMEE i hate to break it to you, but that's impossible. Unless BadElf have a system log you can pull, and then match back the log to timestamps or locations, then you'll need to go and redo it with the Metadata fields added beforehand. Sorry

David
..Maps with no limits..
dfinkbeinerTMEE
New Contributor II

@David_Brooks Thanks for the response, I thought this might be the case, no big deal at all. I have a pretty good idea of the areas I need to QC but I just figured I'd check here to see if anyone had some magic up their sleeve. Good lesson in checking all your boxes before field collection. 

0 Kudos
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Sadly, as @David_Brooks noted, there is no way to recover those attributes after the fact. 

The Bad Elf Flex does support logging though. So on the offhand chance you had logging enabled, then you can recover most of the GPS metadata attributes by sifting through the log file.

dfinkbeinerTMEE
New Contributor II

Thanks @PeterKnoop I'll look into the log files because I know we've accessed those in the past so fingers crossed!

0 Kudos