Add Geometry Attribute fails

Jump to solution
12-28-2020 01:45 PM
ChristineParker
New Contributor

I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro v.2.7, but have had this issue in previous versions, although this is the first re occurrence I've experienced in many months. I'm attempting to use the 'add geometry attributes' function to calculate the geodesic area of polygons within a feature class.

The tool appears to run fine, then fails because it is unable to find a specific table (BB95_fisheries_annual_rev2020), which only existed in a much older version of the current geodatabase I'm working from. The project I'm working on no longer references that geodatabase (or contains that table) and I'm really confused as to why it's being referenced at all. This error has also occurred when trying to calculate a field, but I don't currently remember what calculation I was working on.

My previous fix to this was creating a copy of the database and working from the new geodatabase. I have no idea if this was an appropriate solution (please be kind), and was unable to find any other way to solve this issue. I've highlighted the issue within the image of the error log.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RolandDuhaime
Occasional Contributor

Hi Christine,

I would give this recovery tool a try to see if it repairs the FileGeoDatabase.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/how-recover-file-geodatabase...

Without knowing more of the details, it is difficult to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks,

Roland

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RolandDuhaime
Occasional Contributor

Hi Christine,

I would give this recovery tool a try to see if it repairs the FileGeoDatabase.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/how-recover-file-geodatabase...

Without knowing more of the details, it is difficult to pinpoint the problem.

Thanks,

Roland

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

By chance did you have a Join on the Feature Class and the missing table?  Try this - select the layer in the BB95_pipeline_annual_rev2020 layer in the Contents pane and in the Feature Layer contextual tab, click Data.  From there Joins->Remove all Joins.  Then attempt your workflow again.  What is the result?

0 Kudos
ChristineParker
New Contributor

This was what I thought was going on as well, and one of the first things I tried when I originally encountered this error in an older version of the database.

0 Kudos